Job prospects Light Duty Cleaner in Nunavut
Job opportunities for Light duty cleaners (NOC 6731) are good in Nunavut over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a light duty cleaner.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in Nunavut
The employment outlook will be good for Light duty cleaners (NOC 6731) in Nunavut for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Opportunities in this occupation could increase in upcoming years, with the opening of two new hotels in Iqaluit.
Here are some key facts about Light duty cleaners in the Nunavut region:
- Approximately 150 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Light duty cleaners mainly work in the following sectors:
- Tourism & Culture (NAICS 51, 71-72): 31%
- Other Commercial Services (NAICS 54-56, 81): 26%
- Health care and social services (NAICS 62): 11%
- Other Primary Sector (NAICS 11): 10%
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (NAICS 21): 6%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 64% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 36% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 42% of light duty cleaners work all year, while 58% work only part of the year, compared to 58% and 42% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 20 weeks compared to 24 weeks for all occupations.
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Light duty cleaners (NOC 6731) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: