Job prospects Light Duty Cleaner in Alberta
Job opportunities for Light duty cleaners (NOC 6731) are limited in Alberta over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a light duty cleaner.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in Alberta
The employment outlook will be limited for Light duty cleaners (NOC 6731) in Alberta for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Light duty cleaners in the Alberta region:
- Approximately 28,250 people work in this occupation.
- Light duty cleaners mainly work in the following sectors:
- Management and administrative services (NAICS 55, 56): 49%
- Accommodation services (NAICS 721): 17%
- Hospitals (NAICS 622): 9%
- Nursing and residential care facilities (NAICS 623): 6%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 58% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 42% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 49% of light duty cleaners work all year, while 51% work only part of the year, compared to 59% and 41% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 30 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 17% of light duty cleaners are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region||Fair Fair|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region||Fair Fair|
|Calgary Region||Fair Fair|
|Camrose–Drumheller Region||Good Good|
|Edmonton Region||Fair Fair|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region||Fair Fair|
|Red Deer Region||Good Good|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Light duty cleaners (NOC 6731) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: