Job prospects Animal Groomer (except Horses) near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Pet groomers and animal care workers" near Vancouver (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Pet groomers and animal care workers (NOC 65220) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Pet groomers and animal care workers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 1,710 people work in this occupation.
- Pet groomers and animal care workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 74%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 11%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 6%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
- Date modified: