Job prospects Animal Groomer (except Horses) near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Pet groomers and animal care workers" near Vancouver (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Over the past few years (2019-2021), the labour market was balanced for Pet groomers and animal care workers near Vancouver (BC). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available in this occupation.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be very limited for Pet groomers and animal care workers (NOC 6563) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Pet groomers and animal care workers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 1,810 people work in this occupation.
- Pet groomers and animal care workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 79%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 8%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
- Date modified: