Job prospects Animal Groomer (except Horses) near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Pet groomers and animal care workers near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as an animal groomer (except horses).
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2018-2020). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Pet groomers and animal care workers (NOC 6563) in the Toronto region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Pet groomers and animal care workers in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 5,770 people work in this occupation.
- Pet groomers and animal care workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 70%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 12%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 11%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
- Date modified: