Job prospects Technician, Thermology And Electrolysis near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Estheticians, electrologists and related occupations" near Vancouver (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Over the past few years (2019-2021), the labour market was balanced for Estheticians, electrologists and related occupations near Vancouver (BC). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available in this occupation.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be very limited for Estheticians, electrologists and related occupations (NOC 6562) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Though the removal of pandemic restrictions led to more demand for this occupation, the projection is for low growth.
Here are some key facts about Estheticians, electrologists and related occupations in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 7,430 people work in this occupation.
- Estheticians, electrologists and related occupations mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 79%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 15%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Estheticians, electrologists and related occupations across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: