Job prospects Placement Officer - Human Resources near Edmonton (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Human resources and recruitment officers near Edmonton (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a placement officer - human resources.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2018-2020). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Human resources and recruitment officers (NOC 1223) in the Edmonton region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Human resources and recruitment officers in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 1,450 people work in this occupation.
- Human resources and recruitment officers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 23%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 8%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 8%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 7%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: