Job prospects Lead Hand, Mechanical Assemblers near Ottawa (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Mechanical assemblers and inspectors near Ottawa (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a lead hand, mechanical assemblers.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
We were not able to determine labour market conditions in this region over the past few years because of low employment levels in this occupational group.
The employment outlook will be fair for Mechanical assemblers and inspectors (NOC 9526) in the Ottawa region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Mechanical assemblers and inspectors in the Ottawa region:
- Approximately 140 people work in this occupation.
- Mechanical assemblers and inspectors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Machinery manufacturing (NAICS 333): 31%
- Motor vehicle, body, trailer and parts manufacturing (NAICS 3361-3363): 18%
- Computer and electronic product manufacturing (NAICS 334): 13%
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 12%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 10%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
- Date modified: