Job description Yard Labourer - Railway Transport near Vancouver (BC)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "yard labourer - railway transport" was moved from the group Railway and motor transport labourers (NOC 7622) to the group Railway and motor transport labourers (NOC 75211).
Find out what work is like for an yard labourer - railway transport in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Railway and motor transport labourers (NOC 75211).
Railway and motor transport labourers
Railway and motor transport labourers perform a variety of tasks to assist track maintenance workers and railway yard workers, or motor transport operators. They are employed by railway transport companies and motor transport companies.
- Railway labourers
- Transport tools and equipment on push or hand car and perform other duties to assist railway track maintenance workers to lay, maintain and repair railway tracks
- Cut vegetation growth from railway tracks using scythes and mowers
- Check freight cars for physical damage and cleanliness.
- Motor transport labourers
- Assist truck and delivery drivers to load and unload vehicles
- Perform labouring duties in warehouses.
- car checker - railway
- delivery truck helper
- furniture mover helper
- mover helper
- railway labourer
- signal gang helper
- swamper - truck transport
- truck driver helper
- Date modified: