Job description Session Musician near Edmonton (AB)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "session musician" was moved from the group Musicians and singers (NOC 5133) to the group Musicians and singers (NOC 51122).
Find out what work is like for a session musician in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Musicians and singers (NOC 51122).
Musicians and singers
Musicians and singers perform with orchestras, choirs, opera companies and popular bands in establishments such as concert halls, lounges and theatres and in film, television and recording studios. This unit group also includes music teachers who usually teach in conservatories, academies and private homes.
- Play one or more instruments as soloists or as members of a musical group before audiences or for recording purposes.
- Sing musical arrangements as soloists or as members of vocal groups before audiences or for recording purposes.
- Teachers of music or voice
- Teach technique, interpretation and music theory to students through private or group lessons.
- church organist
- guitar player
- music teacher - musicians
- opera singer
- recording artist
- rock singer
- Secondary school teachers
- Conductors, composers and arrangers
- University professors and lecturers
- Elementary school and kindergarten teachers
- Date modified: