Job description Shoe Mender - Retail near Montréal (QC)
Find out what work is like for a shoe mender - retail in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Shoe repairers and shoemakers (NOC 6343).
Shoe repairers and shoemakers
Shoe repairers repair footwear and shoemakers make specialized and custom shoes and boots. They are employed in shoe repair shops or custom shoemaking establishments, or they may be self-employed.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Discuss type of footwear to be made and obtain measurements from customer
- Select patterns and leather or other material and outline and cut patterns
- Select or assemble lasts, fasten insoles to lasts and sew or glue other parts into place
- Trim, dress and otherwise finish boots or shoes
- Estimate custom footwear costs and receive payment from customers
- May supervise other shoemakers and shoe repairers.
- Shoe repairers
- Repair soles, heels and other parts of footwear using sewing, buffing and other shoe repair machines, materials and equipment
- Repair belts, luggage, purses and similar products
- Estimate footwear repair costs and take payment.
- shoe repairer
- custom shoemaker
- orthopedic shoemaker
- Fabric, fur and leather cutters
- Other labourers in processing, manufacturing and utilities
- Industrial sewing machine operators
- Date modified: