Job description Attendant, Leisure And Sports near London (ON)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "attendant, leisure and sports" was moved from the group Operators and attendants in amusement, recreation and sport (NOC 6722) to the group Operators and attendants in amusement, recreation and sport (NOC 65211).
Find out what work is like for an attendant, leisure and sports in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Operators and attendants in amusement, recreation and sport (NOC 65211).
Operators and attendants in amusement, recreation and sport
Operators and attendants in amusement, recreation and sport assist patrons, collect tickets and fees and supervise the use of recreational and sports equipment. They are employed by amusement parks, fairs, exhibitions, carnivals, arenas, billiard parlours, bowling alleys, golf courses, ski centres, tennis clubs, campgrounds and other recreational and sports facilities.
- Amusement attraction operators
- Drive trucks, vans and other vehicles to transport amusement rides, games and other attractions to amusement attraction sites
- Set up rides, fun houses, game concessions and other amusement attractions
- Perform routine maintenance and safety inspections of attraction equipment
- Operate rides and other attractions, oversee game activities and ensure safety of participants
- May sell tickets.
- Attendants in amusement, recreation and sport
- Collect tickets and fees, and rent or sell sports and accessory equipment
- Schedule the use of recreational facilities such as golf courses, tennis courts, bowling alleys, fitness clubs, campgrounds and other similar facilities
- Operate recreational facility equipment such as ski lifts, ice rink equipment and snow making machines
- Assist patrons on and off ski lifts and amusement park rides, secure and release safety belts and bars and monitor equipment to detect wear and damage
- Clean and maintain recreational facilities and grounds.
- amusement attraction operator
- amusement park attendant
- amusement ride operator
- athletic equipment custodian
- billiard parlour attendant
- bingo hall attendant
- bowling alley attendant
- campground attendant
- campground supervisor
- game concession operator
- recreation attendant
- recreational facility attendant
- rink ice maker
- ski lift attendant
- sports attendant
- tennis court attendant
- Program leaders and instructors in recreation, sport and fitness
- Casino workers
- Other service support occupations
- Other support occupations in personal services
- Other services supervisors
- Date modified: