Job description Oil And Solid Fuel Heating Mechanic near Grand Falls-Windsor (NL)
Find out what work is like for an oil and solid fuel heating mechanic in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Oil and solid fuel heating mechanics (NOC 7331).
Oil and solid fuel heating mechanics
Oil and solid fuel heating mechanics install and maintain oil, coal and wood heating systems in residential and commercial buildings. They are employed by heating systems installation and service companies.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Read and interpret drawings or specifications to determine work to be performed
- Lay out oil burner heating system components and assemble components using hand and power tools
- Install oil burner components such as thermostats, motors, piping and safety devices, and connect to fuel supply, ventilation and electrical system
- Test installed unit and adjust controls for proper functioning
- Troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning oil burners, and their components and controls
- Install, maintain and repair coal and wood heating systems
- Perform scheduled maintenance service on oil and solid fuel heating systems.
- heating systems technician
- heating service mechanic
- furnace installer and repairer (except gas)
- wood burner installer
- oil burner installer
- oil burner mechanic
- oil burner mechanic apprentice
- Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades
- Heating, refrigeration and air conditioning mechanics
- Gas fitters
- Date modified: