Job description Butcher Apprentice near Cold Lake (AB)
Find out what work is like for a butcher apprentice in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Butchers, meat cutters and fishmongers - retail and wholesale (NOC 6331).
Butchers, meat cutters and fishmongers - retail and wholesale
Butchers, meat cutters and fishmongers in retail and wholesale prepare standard cuts of meat, poultry, fish and shellfish for sale in retail or wholesale food establishments. They are employed in supermarkets, grocery stores, butcher shops and fish stores or may be self-employed. Butchers who are supervisors or heads of departments are included in this unit group.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Cut, trim, and otherwise prepare standard cuts of meat, poultry, fish and shellfish for sale at self-serve counters or according to customers' orders
- Grind meats and slice cooked meats using powered grinders and slicing machines
- Prepare special displays of meat, poultry, fish and shellfish
- Shape, lace and tie roasts and other meats, poultry or fish and may wrap prepared meats, poultry, fish and shellfish
- Manage inventory, keep records of sales and determine amount, product line and freshness of products according to company and customer requirements
- Ensure food storage conditions are adequate
- May supervise other butchers, meat cutters or fishmongers.
- butcher apprentice
- fishmonger - retail
- meat cutter - retail or wholesale
- butcher, retail
- supermarket meat cutter
- head butcher - wholesale
- Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers
- Retail and wholesale trade managers
- Retail salespersons
- Fish and seafood plant workers
- Date modified: