Job description Meat Cutter - Retail Or Wholesale in Canada
Find out what work is like for a meat cutter - retail or wholesale in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Butchers, meat cutters and fishmongers - retail and wholesale (NOC 65202).
Meat cutters and fishmongers – retail and wholesale
Meat cutters and fishmongers prepare and package pieces of meat, poultry and fish that are sold by food retailers or wholesalers. They use tools to cut, trim and package meat, poultry and fish on a daily basis. They are employed in grocery stores, fish stores, or they may be self-employed.
- grind meats and slice cooked meats using powered grinders and slicing machines
- cut, weigh, package, label and price meat, meat products, fish and seafood for sale
- suggest complementary and/or alternative meat or fish products to consumers
- inspect the quality of meat, fish and seafood, expiry dates and ensure proper product rotation
- ensure the maintenance of equipment, displays and work area
- receive and store merchandise in accordance with the company's established standards
- comply with government health and safety standards and occupational health and safety standards.
- butcher helper - retail and wholesale
- fish cutter - retail and wholesale
- meat cutter - retail or wholesale
- supermarket meat cutter
- Retail salespersons and visual merchandisers
- Butchers - retail and wholesale
- Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers
- Fish and seafood plant workers
- Date modified: