Job description Denturologist near Calgary (AB)
Find out what work is like for a denturologist in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Denturists (NOC 3221).
Denturists examine patients and design, construct and repair removable dentures. Most denturists work in private practice.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Measure patients' jaws to determine size and shape of dentures required
- Make impressions of patients' teeth, gums and jaws
- Design and construct dentures or direct other workers to construct dentures
- Insert, fit and modify new dentures
- Repair dentures
- Reline, rebase and adjust dentures
- Fabricate mouth protectors, anti-snoring prostheses and removable prostheses on implants
- May order radiographs
- May prepare partial dentures
- May perform denture whitening and cleaning.
- dental mechanic
- Dental assistants
- Dental hygienists and dental therapists
- Dental technologists, technicians and laboratory assistants
- Date modified: