Job description Administrative Assistant, Medical in Ontario
Find out what work is like for an administrative assistant, medical in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Medical administrative assistants (NOC 1243).
Medical administrative assistants
Medical administrative assistants perform a variety of secretarial and administrative duties in doctor's offices, hospitals, medical clinics and other medical settings.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Schedule and confirm medical appointments and receive and communicate messages for medical staff and patients
- Enter and format electronically based medical reports and correspondence and prepare spreadsheets and documents for review
- Interview patients in order to complete forms, documents and case histories
- Complete insurance and other claim forms
- Initiate and maintain confidential medical files and records
- Prepare draft agendas for meetings and take, transcribe and distribute minutes
- Prepare financial statements and billing
- Establish and maintain various internal office administrative support procedures such as document tracking and filing and monthly reporting
- Order supplies and maintain inventory
- Determine and establish office procedures and routines
- May supervise and train other staff in procedures and in use of current software.
- medical secretary
- administrative assistant - medical
- ward secretary
- Court reporters, medical transcriptionists and related occupations
- General office support workers
- Health information management occupations
- Date modified: