Job description Administrative Assistant in Yukon
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "administrative assistant" was moved from the group Administrative assistants (NOC 1241) to the group Administrative assistants (NOC 13110).
Find out what work is like for an administrative assistant in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Administrative assistants (NOC 13110).
Administrative assistants perform a variety of administrative duties in support of managerial and professional employers. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors.
- Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and related material from machine dictation and handwritten copy
- Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and coordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations
- Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings of employer
- Order office supplies and maintain inventory
- Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
- Determine and establish office procedures
- Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business and direct visitors to employer or appropriate person
- Record and prepare minutes of meetings
- Arrange travel schedules and make reservations
- May compile data, statistics and other information to support research activities
- May supervise and train office staff in procedures and in use of current software
- May organize conferences.
- administrative assistant
- executive secretary (except legal and medical)
- human resources administrator
- office administrative assistant
- private secretary
- secretary (except legal and medical)
- technical secretary
- Legal administrative assistants
- Administrative officers
- Court reporters, medical transcriptionists and related occupations
- Executive assistants
- Medical administrative assistants
- Date modified: