Job description E-business Web Site Developer near Vancouver (BC)
Find out what work is like for an e-business Web site developer in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Web designers and developers (NOC 21234).
Web developers and programmers
Web developers and programmers use a variety of programming languages to design, create and modify Web sites. They analyze users’ needs to implement content, graphics, performance, and Web site capacity. They may also integrate Web sites with other computer applications. They are employed in computer software development firms, information technology consulting firms, information technology units throughout the private and public sectors, advertising agencies or they may be self-employed.
- Develop, write, modify, integrate and test Web site related code and Web application interfaces
- Conduct tests and analyze data to monitor quality, security, user interface experiences and to identify areas for improvement
- Develop and implement procedures for ongoing Web site revision
- Monitor and maintain Web site functionality
- May participate in Web site architecture and design in collaboration with designers or clients
- May research and evaluate a variety of interactive media software products.
- Internet site developer
- Web developer
- Web manager
- Web programmer
- Web site developer
- electronic business (e-business) Web site developer
- Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)
- Information systems specialists
- Web designers
- Software developers and programmers
- Computer network and web technicians
- Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
- Information systems testing technicians
- Date modified: