Job description Inspector, Precision Instrument Assembly near Bridgewater (NS)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "inspector, precision instrument assembly" was moved from the group Other products assemblers, finishers and inspectors (NOC 9537) to the group Other products assemblers, finishers and inspectors (NOC 94219).
Find out what work is like for an inspector, precision instrument assembly in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Other products assemblers, finishers and inspectors (NOC 94219).
Other products assemblers, finishers and inspectors
Other products assemblers, finishers and inspectors assemble, finish and inspect components or products of various materials, such as jewellery, silverware, buttons, pencils, non-prescription lenses, brushes, clocks and watches, musical instruments, sporting goods, toys, boats and other miscellaneous products. They are employed by a wide variety of manufacturing companies. .
- Assemblers and finishers
- Operate machines, use hand tools or power tools to cut, shape and fit materials to form parts and to fabricate components or products
- Load supplies into hoppers of dispensing units or manually align, feed or otherwise place materials into machines
- Screw, clip, glue, bond, weld or otherwise assemble parts and components to form final products
- Sand, trim, grind or clean products into final form using hand tools
- Clean work stations and remove scraps, dust, shavings or other by-products from machinery and surrounding areas
- May make routine changes of dies, nozzles or other machinery attachments as required.
- May caulk decks and hulls using caulking gun, and install trims, rudders, seats, engine mounts and other accessories using hand tools
- May repair boats.
- Check manufactured items for defects and for conformance to specifications and quality standards, visually or using sample models and instruments
- Affix seals or tags to approved items and return defective products for repair or recycle
- Complete reports and record information on product inspection.
- May make minor adjustments and repairs.
- Venetian blind assembler
- aluminum boat assembler
- antenna assembler
- bicycle assembler
- boat inspector
- brush making machine operator
- button machine operator
- camera assembly inspector
- canoe assembler
- crayon making machine tender
- eyeglass frame assembler
- fibreglass boat assembler
- golf club assembler
- jewellery annealer
- jewellery inspector
- lampshade assembler
- motorboat assembler
- piano assembly inspector
- prism maker operator
- sailboat assembler
- skate press operator
- sports ball moulder
- stuffing machine tender
- tennis ball maker operator
- toy inspector
- watch assembler
- Other labourers in processing, manufacturing and utilities
- Supervisors, other products manufacturing and assembly
- Structural metal and platework fabricators and fitters
- Motorcycle, all-terrain vehicle and other related mechanics
- Artisans and craftspersons
- Date modified: