Job description Hand Sprayer - Greenhouse near Vancouver (BC)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "hand sprayer - greenhouse" was moved from the group Nursery and greenhouse workers (NOC 8432) to the group Nursery and greenhouse labourers (NOC 85103).
Find out what work is like for a hand sprayer - greenhouse in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Nursery and greenhouse workers (NOC 85103).
Nursery and greenhouse labourers
Nursery and greenhouse labourers plant, cultivate and harvest trees, shrubs, flowers and plants, and serve nursery and greenhouse customers. They are employed in indoor and outdoor nurseries and greenhouses.
- Prepare soil; plant bulbs, seeds and cuttings; graft and bud plants; and transplant seedlings and rooted cuttings
- Monitor plants for healthy growth and potential weed, insect, disease, and fertilizer problems in greenhouse crops
- Spray trees, shrubs, flowers and plants to prevent disease and pests
- Position and regulate greenhouse and outdoor irrigation systems to water plants and fields
- Dig, cut and transplant trees, shrubs, flowers and plants and prepare them for sale
- Provide information to customers on gardening, the use of various garden tools and products and the care of trees, shrubs, flowers, plants and lawns
- May operate tractors and other machinery and equipment to fertilize, cultivate, harvest and spray fields and plants
- Maintain inventory and order materials as required
- Clean working areas.
- forest nursery labourer
- greenhouse labourer
- horticulture labourer
- hothouse labourer
- hydroponics labourer
- nursery labourer
- Contractors and supervisors, landscaping, grounds maintenance and horticulture services
- Harvesting labourers
- Silviculture and forestry workers
- Landscaping and grounds maintenance labourers
- Date modified: