Job description Floor Covering Installer near Toronto (ON)
Find out what work is like for a floor covering installer in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Floor covering installers (NOC 7295).
Floor covering installers
Floor covering installers install carpet, wood, linoleum, vinyl and other resilient floor coverings in residential, commercial, industrial and institutional buildings. They are employed by construction companies, floor-covering contractors and carpet outlets, or they may be self-employed.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Inspect, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
- Measure, cut and fasten underlay and underpadding
- Measure, cut and install carpeting using hand or machine stitcher, seaming iron, bonding tape or other bonding materials
- Stretch carpeting using knee-kicker or power stretcher and secure carpeting to floor or other surfaces using staple gun or other devices
- Measure, cut and install resilient floor covering using adhesive, rollers and other hand tools
- Install hardwood floors, such as strip floors, block floors or plank floors, using glue, staples, nails or other means
- Inspect and repair damaged floor coverings
- May estimate material and labour costs.
- hardwood floor layer
- floor covering installer apprentice
- floor covering mechanic
- carpet layer
- vinyl floor installer
- resilient floor installer
- residential floor and wall covering installer
- Date modified: