Job description Construction Electrician Apprentice near Toronto (ON)
Find out what work is like for a construction electrician apprentice in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Electricians (except industrial and power system) (NOC 7241).
Electricians (except industrial and power system)
Electricians (except industrial and power system) lay out, assemble, install, test, troubleshoot and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices and related equipment in buildings and other structures. They are employed by electrical contractors and maintenance departments of buildings and other establishments, or they may be self-employed.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Read and interpret drawings, circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to determine wiring layouts for new or existing installations
- Pull wire through conduits and through holes in walls and floors
- Install brackets and hangers to support electrical equipment
- Install, replace and repair lighting fixtures and electrical control and distribution equipment, such as switches, relays and circuit breaker panels
- Splice, join and connect wire to fixtures and components to form circuits
- Test continuity of circuits using test equipment to ensure compatibility and safety of system, following installation, replacement or repair
- Troubleshoot and isolate faults in electrical and electronic systems and remove and replace faulty components
- Connect electrical power to audio and visual communication equipment, signalling devices and heating and cooling systems
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records.
- apprentice electrician
- construction electrician apprentice
- construction electrician
- domestic and rural electrician
- Power system electricians
- Electrical mechanics
- Industrial electricians
- Contractors and supervisors, electrical trades and telecommunications occupations
- Date modified: