Job description Leasehand near Sept-Îles (QC)
Find out what work is like for a leasehand in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Oil and gas drilling, servicing and related labourers (NOC 8615).
Oil and gas drilling, servicing and related labourers
Oil and gas drilling, servicing and related labourers carry out a variety of general labouring duties and operate equipment to assist in the drilling and servicing of oil and gas wells. This unit group also includes labourers who assist in geophysical prospecting for oil and gas. They are employed by drilling and well servicing contractors and by petroleum producing companies.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Manipulate sections of pipe or drill stem at the rig floor during drilling and during the removal and replacement of strings of pipe or drill stem and drill bit
- Maintain drilling equipment on the drill floor
- Handle, sort and move drill tools, pipe, cement and other materials
- Clean up rig areas
- Assist in setting up, taking down and transporting drilling and service rigs and service equipment
- May drive trucks to transport materials and well service equipment.
- wireline helper
- labourer, oil field
- service rig helper
- floorman/woman - oil and gas drilling
- well treatment helper
- swamper - oil and gas
- Oil and gas well drillers, servicers, testers and related workers
- Oil and gas well drilling and related workers and services operators
- Date modified: