Job description Transplanter - Landscape Maintenance near Moose Jaw (SK)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "transplanter - landscape maintenance" was moved from the group Landscaping and grounds maintenance labourers (NOC 8612) to the group Landscaping and grounds maintenance labourers (NOC 85121).
Find out what work is like for a transplanter - landscape maintenance in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Landscaping and grounds maintenance labourers (NOC 85121).
Landscaping and grounds maintenance labourers
Landscaping and grounds maintenance labourers perform work to assist in the construction of landscapes and related structures, and to maintain lawns, gardens, athletic fields, golf courses, cemeteries, parks, landscaped interiors and other landscaped areas. They are employed by landscaping and lawn care companies, golf courses, cemeteries, and landscaping operations of public works departments and private establishments.
- Spread top soil, lay sod, plant flowers, grass, shrubs and trees and perform other duties to assist with the construction of a landscape and related structures
- Cut grass, rake, aerate, dethatch, fertilize and water lawns, weed gardens, prune shrubs and trees and perform other maintenance duties as directed by supervisor
- Maintain lawns and grass along roadsides
- Operate and maintain power mowers, tractors, chain saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, pruning saws, snowblowers and other landscape maintenance equipment
- Spray and dust trees, shrubs, lawns and gardens, as directed, to control insects and disease
- Perform other manual duties to clean and maintain landscaped environments.
- bulb planter - landscaping
- cemetery labourer
- gardening helper
- golf course worker
- grass cutter
- grounds maintenance worker
- landscape labourer
- park maintenance labourer
- park maintenance worker
- sod layer
- transplanter - landscape maintenance
- Other trades helpers and labourers
- Public works maintenance equipment operators and related workers
- Residential and commercial installers and servicers
- Nursery and greenhouse labourers
- Public works and maintenance labourers
- Landscape and horticulture technicians and specialists
- Date modified: