Job description Inspector, Wooden Sashes And Doors in Canada
Find out what work is like for an inspector, wooden sashes and doors in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Other wood products assemblers and inspectors (NOC 9533).
Other wood products assemblers and inspectors
Other wood products assemblers assemble a variety of wood products and millwork, such as window sashes and doors. Inspectors inspect wood products to ensure product quality. They are employed by establishments engaged in manufacturing a variety of wood and millwork products.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Other wood products assemblers
- Read production orders and diagrams
- Trim and sand joints, moulding, or other wooden parts to be assembled using hand and power tools
- Assemble wood products such as window sashes, doors, boxes, pallets, ladders and barrels using glue, staples, screws, bolts or other fasteners
- Assemble door panels, trusses, modular components and other parts on assembly line to make prefabricated housing using jigs, overhead cranes and hand and power tools
- Reinforce assembled products with dowelling or other supports, and install hardware such as knobs and hinges
- May assist with maintenance of machinery.
- Other wood products inspectors
- Inspect wood products for conformance to quality standards
- Mark defective parts or products for repair
- Make minor adjustments and repairs
- Record information on products inspected.
- wood products assembling inspector
- wooden box assembler
- crate builder, wood
- wooden door maker
- manufactured housing production worker
- pallet maker, wood
- prefabricated housing assembler
- wood products assembler
- bench assembler, wood products
- millwork assembler
- sash and door inspector
- Supervisors, other products manufacturing and assembly
- Furniture and fixture assemblers and inspectors
- Other labourers in processing, manufacturing and utilities
- Woodworking machine operators
- Date modified: