Job description Fish Plant Worker in the Cariboo Region
Find out what work is like for a fish plant worker in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Fish and seafood plant workers (NOC 94142).
Fish and seafood plant workers
Fish and seafood plant workers set up and operate machinery to process and package fish and seafood products. Fish and seafood plant cutters and cleaners cut, trim and clean fish or seafood by hand. They are employed in fish and seafood processing plants.
- Fish and seafood plant machine operators
- Set up and operate machines to clean, cut, cook, smoke, brine, dehydrate or otherwise process fish or seafood products
- Set up and operate machines to can, bag, box or otherwise package fish and seafood products
- Check products and packaging for defects and to ensure conformance to company standards and perform corrective machine adjustments as required
- Record production information such as quantity, weight, date and type of products packaged.
- Fish and seafood plant cutters and cleaners
- Cut, clean and trim fish or seafood prior to marketing or further processing
- Scrape away scales, cut fish, separate fillets and remove scrap parts using knife
- Check fish fillets to determine optimal number and size of fillet sections, cut sections according to specifications and place in container for weighing
- Disjoint and remove meat from lobsters or other crustaceans preparatory to canning or further processing.
- fish cake maker
- fish canning machine operator - fish processing
- fish cleaner and cutter
- fish cutting machine operator - fish processing
- fish plant worker
- seafood preparer - fish and seafood processing
- shellfish processor
- shellfish shucker
- trimmer - fish processing
- Date modified: