Job description Data Analyst - Informatics And Systems in Nova Scotia
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "data analyst - informatics and systems" was moved from the group Database analysts and data administrators (NOC 2172) to the group Database analysts and data administrators (NOC 21223).
Find out what work is like for a data analyst - informatics and systems in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Database analysts and data administrators (NOC 21223).
Database analysts and data administrators
Database analysts design, develop and administer data management solutions. Data administrators develop and implement data administration policy, standards and models. They are employed in information technology consulting firms and in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors.
- Database analysts
- Collect and document user requirements
- Design and develop database architecture for information systems projects
- Design, construct, modify, integrate, implement and test data models and database management systems
- Conduct research and provide advice to other informatics professionals regarding the selection, application and implementation of database management tools
- Operate database management systems to analyze data and perform data mining analysis
- May lead, coordinate or supervise other workers in this group.
- Data administrators
- Develop and implement data administration policy, standards and models
- Research and document data requirements, data collection and administration policy, data access rules and security
- Develop policies and procedures for network and/or Internet database access and usage and for the backup and recovery of data
- Conduct research and provide advice to other information systems professionals regarding the collection, availability, security and suitability of data
- Write scripts related to stored procedures and triggers
- May lead and coordinate teams of data administrators in the development and implementation of data policies, standards and models.
- data administrator
- data custodian
- data dictionary administrator
- data warehouse analyst
- database administrator (DBA)
- database analyst
- technical architect - database
- Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)
- Computer and information systems managers
- Information systems specialists
- Software developers and programmers
- Computer systems developers and programmers
- Date modified: