Job description Hairstylist Apprentice near Edmonton (AB)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "hairstylist apprentice" was moved from the group Hairstylists and barbers (NOC 6341) to the group Hairstylists and barbers (NOC 63210).
Find out what work is like for a hairstylist apprentice in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Hairstylists and barbers (NOC 63210).
Hairstylists and barbers
Hairstylists and barbers cut and style hair and perform related services. They are employed in hairstyling or hairdressing salons, barber shops, vocational schools, health care establishments and theatre, film and television establishments. Apprentices are also included in this unit group.
- Suggest hairstyle compatible with client's physical features or determine style from client's instructions and preferences
- Cut, trim, taper, curl, wave, perm and style hair
- Apply bleach, tints, dyes or rinses to colour, frost or streak hair
- Analyze hair and scalp condition and provide basic treatment or advice on beauty care treatments for scalp and hair
- Clean and style wigs and hair pieces
- Apply hair extensions
- May shampoo and rinse hair
- May perform receptionist duties and order supplies
- May train or supervise other hairstylists, hairstylist apprentices and helpers.
- Cut and trim hair according to client's instructions or preferences
- Shave and trim beards and moustaches
- May shampoo hair and provide other hair treatment, such as waving, straightening and tinting and may also provide scalp conditioning massages
- May book appointments and order supplies
- May train and supervise other barbers and barber apprentices.
- barber apprentice
- hair colour technician
- hairdresser apprentice
- hairstylist apprentice
- wig stylist
- Date modified: