Job description Cleaning Supervisor near Calgary (AB)
Find out what work is like for a cleaning supervisor in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Cleaning supervisors (NOC 6315).
Cleaning supervisors supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: Light duty cleaners (6731), Specialized cleaners (6732), and Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents (6733). They are employed by hospitals and other health care institutions, hotels, motels, schools and other educational institutions, commercial and industrial establishments, home and office cleaning establishments and by various specialized cleaning companies.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Supervise and co-ordinate the work of light duty, industrial or specialized cleaners and janitors
- Inspect sites or facilities to ensure established safety and cleanliness standards are met
- Recommend or arrange for additional services required such as painting, repair work, renovations or replacement of furnishings and equipment
- Hire and train cleaning staff
- Prepare work schedule and co-ordinate activities with those of other departments
- Prepare budget, estimate costs and keep financial records
- Receive payment for specialized cleaning jobs
- May perform certain cleaning duties.
- housekeeping supervisor
- building cleaning supervisor
- carpet cleaning supervisor
- cleaning supervisor
- head custodian
- window washing supervisor
- Executive housekeepers
- Contractors and supervisors, other construction trades, installers, repairers and servicers
- Specialized cleaners
- Date modified: