Job description Purchasing Director near Vancouver (BC)
Find out what work is like for a purchasing director in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Purchasing managers (NOC 10012).
Purchasing managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of a purchasing department and develop and implement the purchasing policies of a business or institution. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the purchasing activities of an establishment
- Develop purchasing policies and procedures and control purchasing department budget
- Identify vendors of materials, equipment or supplies
- Evaluate cost and quality of goods or services
- Negotiate or oversee the negotiation of purchase contracts
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials
- Review and process claims against suppliers
- Interview, hire and oversee training of staff.
- contract manager
- food purchasing manager
- material manager
- procurement director
- purchasing contracts manager
- purchasing director
- supply chain logistics manager
- Facility operation and maintenance managers
- Retail and wholesale buyers
- Procurement and purchasing agents and officers
- Date modified: