Job description Technician, Thermology And Electrolysis in the Thompson–Okanagan Region
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "technician, thermology and electrolysis" was moved from the group Estheticians, electrologists and related occupations (NOC 6562) to the group Estheticians, electrologists and related occupations (NOC 63211).
Find out what work is like for a technician, thermology and electrolysis in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Estheticians, electrologists and related occupations (NOC 63211).
Estheticians, electrologists and related occupations
Estheticians, electrologists and workers in related occupations provide facial and body treatments designed to enhance an individual's physical appearance. They are employed in beauty salons, electrolysis studios, scalp treatment and hair replacement clinics and other similar establishments and in cosmetic departments of retail establishments such as pharmacies and department stores, or they may be self-employed.
- Give facial and other body treatments using specialized products and techniques.
- Advise customers on the use of make-up and other beauty products and apply make-up to customers; may specialize in applying make-up to models or other individuals for special occasions.
- Remove unwanted hair permanently from client's face or body using needle only specialized electrical hair removal equipment, laser or other equipment.
- Manicurists and pedicurists
- Clean, shape and polish fingernails and toenails and provide related treatments.
- Scalp treatment specialists
- Apply medicated lotions to treat scalp conditions and hair loss.
- Tattoo artists
- Clean and sterilise tattoo equipment and work areas; consult with and advise clients with respect to size, color, design and placement of body art; use a demographer to permanently pigment the client’s skin with chemical dyes; maintain health and safety procedures; and may apply temporary designs to client’s skin.
- Hair replacement technicians (non-medical)
- Prepare and apply custom-made hair pieces to customer's scalp, weave customer's hair to hair pieces and provide scalp treatments.
- beauty treatment operator
- electrolysis technician
- hair replacement technician
- scalp treatment specialist
- tattoo artist
- Hairstylists and barbers
- Image, social and other personal consultants
- Other technical and coordinating occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting and the performing arts
- Date modified: