Job description Financial Accountant in Nunavut
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "financial accountant" was moved from the group Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 1111) to the group Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 11100).
Find out what work is like for a financial accountant in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 11100).
Financial auditors and accountants
Financial auditors examine and analyze the accounting and financial records of individuals and establishments to ensure accuracy and compliance with established accounting standards and procedures. Accountants plan, organize and administer accounting systems for individuals and establishments. They are employed by private sector accounting and auditing firms or departments and public sector accounting and auditing departments or units, or they may be self-employed. Articling students in accounting firms are included in this unit group.
- Financial auditors
- Examine and analyze journal and ledger entries, bank statements, inventories, expenditures, tax returns and other accounting and financial records, documents and systems of individuals, departments within organizations, businesses or other establishments to ensure financial recording accuracy and compliance with established accounting standards, procedures and internal controls
- Prepare detailed reports on audit findings and make recommendations to improve individual or establishment's accounting and management practices
- Conduct field audits of businesses to ensure compliance with provisions of the Income Tax Act, Canadian Business Corporations Act or other statutory requirements
- May supervise other auditors or professionals in charge of accounting within client's establishment.
- Plan, set up and administer accounting systems and prepare financial information for individuals, departments within organizations, businesses and other establishments
- Examine accounting records and prepare financial statements and reports
- Develop and maintain cost finding, reporting and internal control procedures
- Examine financial accounts and records and prepare income tax returns from accounting records
- Analyze financial statements and reports and provide financial, business and tax advice
- May act as a trustee in bankruptcy proceedings
- May supervise and train articling students, other accountants or administrative technicians.
- chief accountant
- financial auditor
- income tax expert
- industrial accountant
- internal auditor
- Policy and program researchers, consultants and officers (4140)
- Accounting technicians and bookkeepers
- Date modified: