Job description Assembly Inspector, Boats near Grand Falls-Windsor (NL)
Find out what work is like for an assembly inspector, boats in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Boat assemblers and inspectors (NOC 9531).
Boat assemblers and inspectors
Boat assemblers assemble wooden, fibreglass and metal boats, such as sailboats, motorboats, canoes and cabin cruisers. Boat inspectors check assembled boats to ensure proper product quality. They are employed by boat and marine craft manufacturing companies.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Boat assemblers
- Cut, shape and join timber pieces or assemble pre-cut timber pieces to make a wooden boat using hand and power tools
- Assemble prefabricated parts and sections of fibreglass, metal or other material to form complete boat
- Caulk decks and hulls using caulking gun
- Install trims, rudders, seats, engine mounts and other accessories using hand tools
- May repair boats.
- Boat inspectors
- Inspect assembled boats for defects and conformance to quality standards
- Mark defects to be repaired
- Make minor adjustments and repairs
- Record information on products inspected.
- aluminum boat assembler
- boat assembler
- boat inspector
- canoe assembler
- fibreglass boat assembler
- motorboat assembler
- sailboat assembler
- Artisans and craftspersons
- Supervisors, other products manufacturing and assembly
- Other trades and related occupations, n.e.c.
- Other labourers in processing, manufacturing and utilities
- Structural metal and platework fabricators and fitters
- Date modified: