Job description Poultry Slaughterer - Food And Beverage Processing in Yukon
Find out what work is like for a poultry slaughterer - food and beverage processing in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers (NOC 94141).
Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers
Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers prepare meat and poultry for further processing or for packaging for wholesale distribution. They are employed in meat and poultry slaughtering, processing and packing establishments.
- Industrial butchers
- Slaughter livestock using stunning devices and knives
- Skin, clean and trim carcasses
- Remove viscera and other inedible parts from carcasses
- Split carcasses into smaller portions to facilitate handling
- May slaughter cattle, calves and sheep as prescribed by religious laws.
- Industrial meat cutters
- Cut beef, lamb, pork or veal carcasses or sides or quarters of carcasses into primal cuts for further cutting, processing or packaging
- Remove bones from meat
- Cut meat and poultry into specific cuts for institutional, commercial or other wholesale use
- Remove skin, excess fat, bruises or other blemishes from carcasses or meat portions.
- Poultry preparers
- Slaughter poultry and remove inedible parts
- Remove feathers and singe and wash poultry to prepare for further processing or packaging.
- beef boner
- ham cutter
- industrial butcher
- industrial meat cutter
- meat trimmer
- poultry preparer
- Supervisors, food and beverage processing
- Butchers - retail and wholesale
- Labourers in food and beverage processing
- Agricultural and fish products inspectors
- Testers and graders, food and beverage processing
- Date modified: