officer, occupational health and safety
Title posted on indeed.com -
Occupational Health & Safety Officer
Posted on June 07, 2022
Northern Lakes College
*Competition #: *
*Open To: *
*Date Posted: *
June 7th, 2022
*Closing Date: *
*Compensation Rate: *
*$55,476 to $72,984 per year*
*Hours Per Week: *
*Additional Information: *
For over 50 years, the Northern Lakes College vision has been to increase accessibility to educational opportunities. With 25 locations across northern Alberta, program sites throughout Alberta, and a unique Supported Distance Learning model, students can access quality educational opportunities without leaving their community. Students can study from the comforts of home, work, on the road, or from one of the many College locations. Northern Lakes College offers a variety of university transfer, diploma, and certificate programs, including Academic Upgrading, Business & Administrative Studies, Health & Human Service Careers, Pre-Employment & Apprenticeship Trades, Resource Technology, University Studies, and Continuing Education & Corporate Training certificates and courses. We support and promote professional development and wellness opportunities, and provide our employees with an attractive benefits plan and competitive salaries. The College service region offers numerous recreational activities for the entire family to enjoy!
Northern Lakes College has the following ongoing position available:
Occupational Health & Safety Officer
*Salary: $55,476 to $72,984 per year*
*Location: Peace River*
* Diploma in a related and appropriate field.
* Acceptable technical training in the field of Occupational Health and Safety or related area.
* Minimum of 3 years? experience in the Occupational Health and Safety field.
* Clean Criminal Record Check prior to commencement.
*Suggested Additional Qualifications: *
* Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation would be an asset.
* National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO) designation.
* Experience in Computerized Safety Management systems.
Successful candidate must provide college or university transcripts, proof of valid driver?s license and criminal record check to Human Resources prior to commencement.
For complete details on this employment opportunity, visit us online at: www.northernlakescollege.ca click on *_Careers_*
Please submit a resume *_quoting the reference number NLC-1945RR _*to:
Northern Lakes College, Human Resources, 1201 Main Street SE, Slave Lake, AB T0G 2A3
Or fax resume to: 780 849-5881
*Closing Date: open until a successful candidate is found*
Northern Lakes College thanks all applicants for their interest in employment; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
*Occupational Health and Safety Officer*
The Occupational Health and Safety Officer reports to the Occupational Health and Safety Manager and is accountable for the establishment and implementation of both provincial legislative requirements and Northern Lakes College?s safety management plan which emphasizes safety in the workplace through management and staff involvement in the preparation of safe work practices. This position will also have primary responsibility for conducting/coordinating quarterly worksite inspections with members from the Joint Occupational Health & Safety Committee.
As an Occupational Health and Safety Officer it is the expectation that you will complete all provincial legislative safety training in order to be an active member of the College?s Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee.
*Primary Areas of Responsibility: *
* Support the development of provincial OH&S policies and programs
* On-going support to employees and usage of Occupational Health and Safety digital software.
* In consultation with the Occupational Health and Safety Manager, prepare and facilitate safety related presentations to employees as requested.
* Assist in the review process of existing policies, procedures and regulations and recomm
- LocationPeace River, AB
- Salary$$55,476 to $72,984YEAR annually
- Terms of employment
- Start date
Starts as soon as possible
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by a partner site. Job Bank is not responsible for this content.