Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Fit and install windows, doors, stairs, mouldings and hardware; Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools; Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements; Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials; Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems; Maintain, repair and renovate residences and wooden structures in mills, mines, hospitals, industrial plants and other establishments
- Major Work Area
- Renovation; Construction
- Additional Skills
- Supervise other workers; Schedule and co-ordinate work on sites; Prepare tenders and quotations; Instruct apprentices; Estimate costs and materials
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Large workload
- Ability to Supervise
- 1 to 2 people
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Judgement; Reliability
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.