College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- Prepare monthly statements; Maintain payroll; Inform employees about payroll matters and benefit plans; Maintain records of employee attendance, leave and overtime to calculate pay and benefit entitlements, using manual or computerized systems; Complete, verify and process forms and documentation for administration of benefits such as pension plans, leaves, share savings, employment and medical insurance; Prepare and balance period-end reports and reconcile issued payrolls to bank statements; Prepare T4 statements and other statements; Prepare and verify statements of earnings for employees, indicating gross and net salaries and deductions such as taxes, union dues, garnishments and insurance and pension plans
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- MS Access; MS Excel; MS Windows; MS Word; Quick Books
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Large workload; Tight deadlines
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.