Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
2 years to less than 3 years
- Specific Skills
- Inspect sites or facilities to ensure safety and cleanliness standards; Co-ordinate work activities with other departments; Assist cleaners in performing duties; Supervise and co-ordinate activities of workers; Recommend or arrange for additional maintenance services
- Work Setting
- Hotel, motel, resort
- Workers Supervised
- Specialized cleaners; Light duty cleaners; Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Safety equipment/gear; Steel-toed safety boots; Safety glasses/goggles; Safety harness; Uniform
- Work Site Environment
- Outdoors; At heights; Wet/damp
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Ability to Supervise
- 5-10 people
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability
- Long term benefits
- Other benefits
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; What is your current field of study?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.