or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
NRCAN Certification Liquid Penetrant testing Level 2; Nondestructive Testing Certificate; NRCAN Certification Industrial Radiography Level 2
2 years to less than 3 years
- Specific Skills
- Set up and operate radiographic equipment; Prepare, conduct and interpret liquid penetrant inspection; Maintain test result reports; Establish NDI techniques and calibration standards; Develop and interpret radiographic film; Conduct tests to ensure quality or detect defects; Calibrate, test and interpret ultrasonic equipment; Set up, calibrate, operate and interpret magnetic particle, eddy current, liquid penetrant, acoustic emission, and infrared thermographic equipment; Establish techniques for proper examination of objects under inspection, ensuring strict adherence to safety regulations; Interpret radiographs, cathode ray tube (CRT) or digital readouts, conductivity meters and visual indicators; Instruct and supervise trainees
- Area of Work Experience
- Aircraft/aerospace manufacturing; Metal processing
- Testing Equipment and Methods
- Radiographic; Nondestructive testing; Liquid penetrant
- Ability to Supervise
- 3-4 people
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Reliability; Organized
- Aircraft Inspector Specific Skills
- Maintain detailed repair, inspection and certification records and reports
- Health benefits
- Health care plan; Dental plan; Vision care benefits
- Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits; Life insurance; Other benefits
- Screening questions
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Do you have education in this field of employment?
Health care plan, Dental plan, Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits, Life insurance, Other benefits
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.