Other trades certificate or diploma
or equivalent experience
2 years to less than 3 years
- Specific Skills
- Determine piping system requirements and pipe sizing; Measure, cut, thread and bend pipes to required shape and size; Read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine layout of plumbing system, water supply network and waste and drainage systems; Install, repair and maintain domestic, commercial or industrial plumbing fixtures and systems; Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors; Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings; Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment; Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
- Work Setting
- Residential; Commercial
- Security and Safety
- Basic security clearance
- Work Site Environment
- Confined spaces; Wet/damp
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Vehicle supplied by employer
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding; Hand-eye co-ordination; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Ability to Supervise
- 3-4 people
- Work Location Information
- Various locations
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Accurate; Client focus
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.