No degree, certificate or diploma
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Determine piping system requirements and pipe sizing; Measure, cut, thread and bend pipes to required shape and size; Read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine layout of plumbing system, water supply network and waste and drainage systems; Install, repair and maintain domestic, commercial or industrial plumbing fixtures and systems; Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors; Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings; Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment; Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
- Work Setting
- Residential; Commercial
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks; Physically demanding
- Work Location Information
- Various locations
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.