College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
3rd Class Marine Engineer Certificate; Transport Canada Marine Engineer Officer Certificate of Competency
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Operate main engines, machinery and auxiliary equipment on ships; Co-ordinate implementation of repairs, maintenance and renovation; Stand engine room watch, monitoring and noting performance of engines, machinery and all auxiliary equipment; Inspect and conduct maintenance and emergency repairs to engines, machinery and all auxiliary equipment; Maintain records and prepare reports on engine performance and failures
- Additional Skills
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of engine room crew
- Type of Experience
- Work Site Environment
- Confined spaces; In/on water; Noisy
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Willing to travel regularly; Valid driver's licence
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Hand-eye co-ordination; Sound discrimination; Standing for extended periods
- Work Location Information
- Urban area
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Accurate; Team player; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability
- Financial benefits
- Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits; Pension plan; Other benefits
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits, Pension plan, Other benefits
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.