Other trades certificate or diploma
2 years to less than 3 years
- Mechanical Repairer Specific Skills
- Test and adjust units to specifications; Complete reports to record problems and work performed; Inspect and test mechanical units to locate faults and malfunctions; Diagnose faults and malfunctions and confirm findings with supervisor to determine whether to repair or replace unit; Repair or replace mechanical units or components
- Additional Skills
- Estimate parts and labour costs
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Tools; Steel-toed safety boots
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Manual dexterity; Standing for extended periods
- Work Location Information
- In shop
- Personal Suitability
- Flexibility; Team player; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability
- Truck and Transport and Truck-Trailer Mechanic Specific Skills
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of commercial transport truck systems; Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of truck-trailer systems
- Health benefits
- Health care plan; Disability benefits; Dental plan
- Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits; Life insurance; Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
- Other benefits
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Are you willing to relocate for this position?; Are you available for shift or on-call work?; Do you have education in this field of employment?
Jobs for Ukraine
This employer has selected to promote this job through "Jobs for Ukraine”. Canadian citizens and permanent residents can still apply.
Health care plan, Disability benefits, Dental plan
Learning/training paid by employer
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits, Life insurance, Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Newcomers to Canada
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.