College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
First Aid Certificate; CPR Certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Tend to emotional well-being of children; Take children to and from school and to appointments; Supervise and care for children; Prepare and serve nutritious meals; Organize, activities such as games and outings for children; Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home; Instruct children in personal hygiene and social development; Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents; Bathe, dress and feed infants and children; Prepare infants and children for rest periods
- Children's Ages
- Toddler to pre-school (1 - 3 years)
- Additional Skills
- Shop for food and household supplies; Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties; Assume full responsibility for household in absence of parents
- Weight Handling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Work Setting
- Employer's home
- Security and Safety
- Child abuse registry check; Child welfare check; Driver's validity licence check; Driving record check (abstract); Medical exam; Drug test; Criminal record check; Reference required; Vulnerable sector check
- Work Site Environment
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own vehicle; Valid driver's licence; Travel expenses paid by employer
- Work Location Information
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Personal Suitability
- Reliability; Organized
- Financial benefits
- Mileage paid; Gasoline paid
- Other benefits
- Parking available
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; What is the highest level of study you have completed?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?; Are you available for the advertised start date?
Mileage paid, Gasoline paid
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Visible minorities
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.