College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
1 year to less than 2 years
Work Site Environment
Work in employer's/client's home
Assume full responsibility for household in absence of parents
Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
Shop for food and household supplies
Bathe, dress and feed infants and children
Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents
Instruct children in personal hygiene and social development
Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home
Organize, activities such as games and outings for children
Prepare and serve nutritious meals
Prepare infants and children for rest periods
Supervise and care for children
Take children to and from school and to appointments
Tend to emotional well-being of children
Certificates, Licences, Memberships, and Courses
First Aid Certificate
Experience and Specialization
Toddler to pre-school (1 - 3 years)
Security and Safety
Child abuse registry check
Child welfare check
Criminal record check
Driver's validity licence check
Driving record check (abstract)
Vulnerable sector check
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Visible minorities
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.