Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
First Aid Certificate; Early Childhood Education (ECE) Certificate
- Early Childhood Educator Assistant Skills
- Discuss progress and problems of children at staff meetings; Bathe, diaper and feed infants and toddlers; Engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing crafts; Prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods
- Children's Ages
- 5 years; 1 year; 2 years; 3 years; 4 years; Infant (3 months - 11 months)
- Additional Skills
- Order supplies and equipment; Maintain daycare equipment and assist in housekeeping and cooking duties; Attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children; Plan and organize activities for school-age children in child-care programs before and after regular school hours
- Work Setting
- Child care centre
- Security and Safety
- Medical exam; Criminal record check
- Work Site Environment
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Public transportation is available
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Attention to detail; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Interpersonal awareness; Judgement; Values and ethics; Reliability
- Early Childhood Educators Specific Skills
- Develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children; Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest; provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity; Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits; Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor; Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children; Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.