Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 to less than 7 months
- Specific Skills
- Remove existing floor coverings and contaminants; Prepare floors for installations; Prepare and install hardwood floors; Measure, cut and fasten underlay and underpadding; Measure, cut and install resilient floor coverings; Conduct moisture, ph, temperature and other tests prior to flooring installations; Inspect and repair damaged floor coverings; Inspect, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
- Additional Skills
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications; Prepare tenders and quotations; Prepare flooring plans and scheduling; Estimate costs and materials
- Work Setting
- Residential; Institutional; Industrial; Commercial
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Tools; Safety equipment/gear; Steel-toed safety boots; Gloves; Mask
- Work Site Environment
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Hand-eye co-ordination; Ability to distinguish between colours; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Work Location Information
- Urban area; Various locations
- Installation Specialization
- Vinyl or resilient sheets; Parquet flooring; Linoleum; Hardwood intricate patterns flooring; Hardwood strip flooring
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Team player; Client focus; Judgement; Organized
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.