Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
2 years to less than 3 years
- Specific Skills
- Repair boats; Mark defects to be repaired; Make minor adjustments and repairs; Install trims, rudders, seats, engine mounts and other accessories; Inspect assembled boats for defects and conformance to quality standards; Assemble prefabricated parts and sections of fibreglass, metal or other materials to form boats; Caulk decks and hulls; Cut, shape and join timber pieces or assemble pre-cut timber pieces to make wooden boats
- Weight Handling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Work Site Environment
- Confined spaces; Outdoors; At heights; Noisy; Odours; Dusty; Hot; Cold/refrigerated
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Sitting; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling; Overtime required
- Type of Materials
- Wood; Fibreglass
- Personal Suitability
- Team player; Reliability
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.