Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
7 months to less than 1 year
- Specific Skills
- Receive payment for specialized cleaning jobs; Inspect sites or facilities to ensure safety and cleanliness standards; Establish work schedules; Co-ordinate work activities with other departments; Assist cleaners in performing duties; Supervise and co-ordinate activities of workers; Recommend or arrange for additional maintenance services
- Additional Skills
- Prepare budget and cost estimates; Maintain financial records; Hire and train or arrange for training of cleaning staff
- Work Setting
- Office building; Commercial facility; Cleaning service company; Hotel, motel, resort; Hospital/medical facility or clinic; School or educational institution/establishment
- Workers Supervised
- Specialized cleaners; Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents
- Work Site Environment
- Confined spaces; Outdoors; At heights; Wet/damp; Noisy; Odours; Dusty; Hot; Cold/refrigerated
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling; Tight deadlines
- Ability to Supervise
- 1 to 2 people
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Flexibility; Client focus; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.